Look at Rufus the gentle giant playing with my puppy blue girl. A first hand look at how sweet this 18 month old rescued Newfie is. I got the privilege of meeting Rufus this past weekend at the ACC WI Chessie Fun Day that I hosted. This guy hung around many peeps adult and children. He met many dogs adult and puppies. You couldn’t have asked for a nicer boy. He was happy to just hang out and get pets from everyone. He also made his way down to the pond and took a dip in the pond to cool off on the beautiful warm day we had.
Some photos from the fun day:
Rufus even swims.
Rufus is up for adoption through CRROW – Chesapeake Retriever Rescue Of Wisconsin. Here is what CRROW says about Rufus:
My name is Rufus and I am a silver/taupe Newfoundland. I was surrendered to Chessie Rescue of WI by my family because I was too big and energetic.
I am currently enrolled in a training program to receive a thorough evaluation of my training needs. I will not be available for adoption until after April 30th at the earliest.
So far this is what we have found out about Rufus:
- Rufus LOVES attention and is very smart. He loves to be in the middle of things and gets bored quickly.
- Rufus likes most dogs but does not have proper play methods. Rufus gets too exuberant and because of his size he can hurt his playmates. We are working on this.
- Rufus has displayed some food aggression towards other dogs which is why he was surrendered. We are working on this.
- Rufus will require
- experienced Newfie or other working breed owners
- a fenced yard
- brushing multiple times a week if not daily for awhile
- frequent grooming appointments for trimming which may exceed $100/appointment.
- Rufus is a handsome boy with a great personality but he will require a commitment to training and socialization.
If you are interested in me, please complete an adoption application for Rufus.
Visitations can be arranged after you have a completed and approved application.
You can contact Sue for more information: