SAND SPRING CHESAPEAKES
STUD DOG CONTRACT
Owned by: John & JoAnn Stancer
N8767 Larson Rd.
Cambria, WI 53923
Thank you for expressing an interest in using Gambler in your breeding program. We provide natural, fresh chilled or frozen semen. Before a commitment for breeding is made, please consider the following:
The Bitch/Bitch owner must meet the following requirements to qualify for breeding to: Gambler
- The Bitch must be registered by the American Kennel Club and Bitch owner must provide a copy of a three or more generation pedigree.
- The Bitch must be free of Hip Dysplasia thus NO dog under 24 months will be considered for breeding since you need to be 24 months to obtain certification. You must provide a photocopy of the OFA certification.
- The Bitch must have a recent (within the past 12 months) CAER (CERF) exam. You must provide a photocopy of the CAER exam. Registration of the CAER exam is up to bitch’s owner, not required for breeding. ( if you do not register with CAER the number will not be printed on the pedigree)
- The Bitch must be of sound structure and in good health.
- The Bitch must have a stable temperament, as evidenced by conformation or working titles which need to be provided. Titles are not a requirement, but if the Bitch is not titled in a way to make good temperament probable, bitch owner agrees to make Bitch available for examination by Stud Dog owner. In cases where the Stud Dog owner cannot meet the bitch, references maybe asked for.
- Recent photograph(s) or video of bitch.
Prior to an agreement to breed, our responsibilities to you are as follows:
All dogs in our kennel are of stable temperament and sound structure. They are currently on Vectra 3D flea/tick preventative and on Sentinel Spectrum heartworm preventative. They are vaccinated for DHLPP, RABIES, LYMES and BORDETELLA. They are also free of intestinal parasites.
- To provide a photocopy of Stud’s AKC & UKC registrations.
- To provide a photocopy of Stud’s OFA hip and elbow certification.
- To provide a photocopy of Stud’s OPTIGEN test.
- To provide a photocopy of Stud’s CAER exam.
- To provide a photocopy of Stud’s DM clearance.
- To provide a photocopy of Stud’s EIC clearance.
- Provide copy of Stud’s titles.
- Photograph(s) or video of Stud.
STUD SERVICE CONTRACT
The following terms and conditions are understood and agreed to by both parties:
- Prior to breeding, Bitch owner must provide all pertinent information and photocopy’s as mentioned above.
- Stud fee is to be paid in full within 10 days of litter being whelped.
- It is specifically agreed that the Stud Dog owner is not obligated to sign the application for registration of this litter until the Stud fee has been paid in full. Nor is the Stud Dog owner required to sign the litter application if any of the conditions in this contract have not been followed or if there is a question as to the parentage of the resulting puppies.
- The Stud fee shall not be refunded, in whole or in part, for any reason, except as specifically provided for within this contract. If the Stud fee is going to be a puppy in lieu of payment, terms will be outlined under
Stud owner makes no representations that this mating will produce show or field trial stock and Bitch owner agrees to make no claims against stud owner for same.
The owner of the Stud Dog guarantees that the Bitch whelp two (2) live puppies. If the Bitch fails to whelp or whelps less than two (2) live puppies, the owner of the Bitch must notify the Stud Dog owner within seven (7) days of the expected whelp date. In these cases, the Stud Dog owner will provide one repeat stud service to this Bitch or a substitute Bitch owned or co-owned by the same owner. In the case that the bitch changes ownership, a new contract will be negotiated.
Cross out one not applicable (a or b):
- a)Stud fee is to be $1000.00 cash or money order this will be paid within 10 days of the litter being whelped and unless otherwise specified in the initial arrangement for breeding. If no payment is made Stud Owner has the right to refuse signing of AKC litter registration papers.
- b)And/Or Stud fee is to be payable in _______ puppy/puppies as follows:
Unless otherwise stated herein, owner of stud shall have right of first/second choice of the litter when the puppy/puppies reach the age of six weeks. Stud owner will forfeit the right of said choice if not made by said date and shall make a choice from the puppies available after said date.
At the time of Stud owner’s possession of the choice puppy, Bitch owner shall deliver to Stud owner a certificate from a veterinarian stating that the puppy has been examined, has been found to have no known congenital defects, is in good health and has had it’s first series of vaccinations (not to be given any sooner than 6 weeks of age) and properly dewormed. Stud owner shall have 72 hours from the time of possession of the choice puppy to have said puppy examined by his/her own veterinarian. If puppy is found, at that examination to have a congenital defect, Stud owner shall have the right to return said puppy to Bitch owner and choose a puppy from those available in the litter. If Stud owner does not have the puppy examined and notify Bitch owner within the 72 hour period, stud owner shall forfeit his/her right to the return of said puppy and shall have no other rights as to choice of another puppy. The parties hereto shall have no right to make any claim against the other for expenses incurred in the examination of said choice puppy.
I have read and agree to the conditions of the Stud service contract and agree to breed my female Chesapeake Bay Retriever:
Name of Bitch: _____________________________________________Call name:_____________
AKC registration number:____________________UKC registration number________________
Date of birth:_________________________________
Owner of BITCH:______________________________
To the following male Chesapeake Bay Retriever:
Name of Stud dog: USJ HRCH U-GRCH Sand Spring Ev’ry Paw’s A Winner MH CGCA THDN TT TKI. Call name “Gambler”
SIRE: HRCH Sand Spring Norm of Caroway MH
DAM: UH HRCH Hope Springs Dowry MHR***
AKC registration number: SR67863401 UKC registration number: #R223-627
Date of birth: 05/13/11
OFA: Good CB-10245G24M-VPl
ELBOWS: Normal #CB-EL2169M24-VPI
OPTIGEN: Clear By Parentage
EIC: Clear By Parentage
PRA: Clear By Parentage
TITLES EARNED: AKC – Junior Hunter (JH), Senior Hunter (SH), Master Hunter (MH), Canine Good Citizen Advance (CGCA), Therapy Dog Novice (THDN), Temperament Test (TT) Trick Dog Intermediate (TKI) UKC – Hunting Retriever (HR), Hunting Retriever Champion (HRCH), United Senior Jumper (USJ), Conformation, Grand Champion (U-GRCH)
TO ENSURE THE OWNER(S) OF THE ABOVE NAMED BITCH HAS READ AND DOES INDEED UNDERSTAND THE CONDITIONS OF THIS CONTRACT AS SET FORTH HEREIN, PLEASE SIGN AND DATE BELOW. DO NOT SIGN IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND THIS STUD SERVICE CONTRACT.
STUD DOG OWNER:_____________________________________________PRINT_________________________________DATE:___________
Cross out one not applicable (a or b):
- Receipt for cash payment:
I hereby state that as Stud owner, I have received from Bitch owner, the following cash payment: due within 10 days of litter being whelped $___________
Signed:_________________________________Stud owner Date:_________________
- Receipt for puppy or puppies:
I, owner of the Stud dog, hereby state and declare in accordance with terms of mating contract I have received in full payment the following puppy or puppies_____________________________________on__________________
Signed:____________________________________________Stud owner Date:_________________
Print out contract, fill out and send with payment.