Sand Spring Chesapeakes
N8767 Larson Rd
Cambria, WI 53923
Hereinafter referred to as the Buyer.
PURCHASE PRICE: $___________ WITH FULL REGISTRATION LESS NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT: $________ BALANCE $____________ DUE PRIOR TO DELIVERY/PICK UP OF THE PUPPY.
SHIPPING IS AN ADDITIONAL FEE OF $__________DUE PRIOR TO SHIPPING. THIS CHARGE IS FOR APPROPRIATE SIZE KENNEL, DELIVERY TO AIRPORT, HEALTH CERTIFICATE AND COST OF FLIGHT.
PAYMENT IS TO BE MADE BY CASH OR CASHIERS CHECK.
This agreement is made and entered into this _________day of ________________2017 by and between John & JoAnn Stancer (Seller), and ________________________________ (Buyer), for the purpose of setting forth the terms and conditions of purchase by the Buyer of a purebred Chesapeake Bay Retriever.
- By signing this contract Buyer agrees to all terms listed below. This contract is null and void if all the following terms and conditions are not fulfilled.
- No cash refunds, replacements only unless otherwise agreed upon in this contract. Deposit is non-refundable unless the puppy died in our care before it was pick up.
- Seller warrants that the above described puppy is a purebred Chesapeake Bay Retriever, said puppy will be registered with the AMERICAN KENNEL CLUB (AKC) and the UNITED KENNEL CLUB (UKC) at time of sale by seller. Buyer should come prepared at time of pickup with the registered name intended for said puppy. A true copy of its pedigree will be given at time of pickup.
- This puppy is sold under full registration with both the American Kennel Club and the United Kennel Club. If this puppy is intended as a breeding dog, we hope that you will abide by the policy’s set forth by the American Chesapeake Club and do the proper genetic testing before you breed after 2 years of age as in OFA certification on hips and elbows as well as CAER clear on the eyes.
- Seller will have the puppies tested for Degenerative Myelopathy (DM) or Exercised Induced Collapse (EIC) when deemed necessary.
HIP and EYE GUARANTEE:
- This puppy is guaranteed to be free of hip dysplasia up to (25) months of age. Within (25) months from date of purchase, should your puppy develop A FORM OF hip dysplasia which will severely diminish your puppy’s quality and enjoyment of life and necessitate euthanasia, upon receipt of (1) a letter from a duly licensed veterinarian attesting to such condition (copies of x-rays may be required), (2) a copy of the OFA evaluation if dog is two (2) years of age, you will receive a replacement puppy of equal value from our next available litter. This guarantee is null and void if the hip dysplasia is due to a physical injury that incurred after the puppy has left Sellers home (medical records may be requested). A puppy who failed OFA certification and is found to have a mild condition, which condition will not in any way shorten or diminish the quality of life for that puppy, will NOT be replaced. If Buyer keeps the dog then only 1/4 of the purchase price will be refunded when proof of spay/neuter is sent to the Seller, as this dog will be considered “pet quality”. No one can predict when or if a dog will show signs of hip dysplasia or how it will be affected. Many dogs can fail OFA certification and lead long normal lives.
- This puppy is guaranteed to CAER (OFA Eye Certification Registry) formulary known as CERF (Canine Eye Registry Foundation) clear up to (25) months of age. Within (25) months from date of purchase, should your puppy not CAER clear and necessitate euthanasia you will receive a replacement puppy of equal value from our next available litter. If Buyer keeps the dog then only ¼ of the purchase price will be refunded, as this dog will be considered “pet quality”.
- If the dog is not OFA and CAER certified by (25) months this agreement is null and void. No money will be refunded. Exclusion: There are NO guarantees on a puppy which is bred before two years of age.
- This puppy has been examined by a Veterinarian and was found to be free from any health defects. If the puppy is examined within 72 hours (not including weekends and holidays) by your own Veterinarian and is found to be in poor health, you may return the puppy with a written letter from buyer’s Veterinarian within 10 days after the date of the signing of this contract for a new puppy of equal value. This puppy will be out of the same litter if any available, or the next available litter. There is no guarantee on same order of pick or gender. If no puppies are available and buyer chooses not to wait for next litter full purchase price less the non-refundable deposit will be returned to buyer. Buyer shall be obligated to return the puppy to Seller at Buyer’s expense. All action taken to return the puppy shall be done with the best interest of the puppy in mind including temperature at time of shipment, non-stop flight, ect.
- The Seller has done everything possible to produce healthy puppies both by breeding only dogs (parents) that are certified free of hip and elbow dysplasia, PRA normal, CAER clear and by raising the puppies in the best way possible in regards to diet, exercise, socialization, introducing to birds and veterinary care.
- Seller will have the first DHPP vaccination, dewormed, examined and microchipped by sellers Veterinarian.
- Buyer is responsible for any and all Veterinary care and fees upon leaving our care.
- Buyer agrees to maintain this puppy with reasonable care and to follow his/her Veterinarian’s program for feeding, examinations, vaccinations, dewormings, heartworm preventative, spay/neuter etc.
- Seller cannot guarantee adult size, conformation, color or temperament.
- Seller strongly recommends that Buyer attend obedience classes with puppy and provide proper socialization opportunities for puppy.
- Although we have done the best we could to assure you dog meets the breed standards there is no guarantee it will become a show or field champion.
- Seller reserves the right to cancel sale at any given time if he/she decides this would be in the best interest of the puppy. In this case all monies would be returned to said potential buyer.
- Seller guarantees that Buyer will be satisfied with the puppy purchased. If Buyer is not satisfied with the puppy received, puppy may be returned to Seller at Buyer’s cost. Seller will replace puppy or a full refund less non-refundable deposit of the purchase price will be made (Seller’s option). This satisfaction Guarantee is valid for 72 hours after Buyer receives puppy.
- If this puppy cannot be kept for any reason, the Buyer agrees to give the seller the first opportunity to take the dog back or find it a good home. Buyer agrees to supply and transfer all corresponding registration papers at the time of delivery. It will be up to the Seller if any money will be refunded if the dog is given back to the Seller. Should the dog be sold elsewhere or ownership transferred from original buyer, this contract would become void (this contract is non-transferable).
- The Buyer shall not sell the puppy, or its offspring (if any), to any individual or establishment in the business of buying and selling puppies for a profit.
IF YOU HAVE READ THIS THOROUGHLY AND AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS SALE A $________ NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT IS REQUIRED TO HOLD THE PUPPY.
LEGALLY BINDING AGREEMENT.
Enjoy your new puppy! Please feel free to call or e-mail me with any questions or concerns you may have during the life of your puppy. We would also like you to keep us informed of any health problems that may arise with your puppy.
Sand Spring Chesapeakes
John & JoAnn Stancer