SAVE THE DATE
The American Chesapeake Club
Wisconsin’s Second Annual Chesapeake Fun Day
May 6, 2017 at the Stancer Homestead (Stancerville)
(home of John, JoAnn- Regional Director)
N8767 Larson Rd, Cambria WI 53923 920-948-7738
All Chesapeake’s, including puppies and their families and friends are welcome!!!
8:00 a.m. SHARP! Registration and introduction to the Chesapeake weekend
8:30 a.m. Field work begins and goes throughout the whole day. Land available, small pond on property if weather permits
9:30 a.m. AKC Spaniel Hunt test introduction and possible steady to wing and shot demo by Erik Borg and Jaci Bowman
12:00 p.m. Potluck – bring an appetizer, salad or dessert to pass. You can come when you would like to eat, there is no set time. Lunch will start at noon going throughout the afternoon until food runs out.
1:00 p.m. Field work continuing with water and Lure Coursing in the pasture by shed
3:30 p.m. Shed antler demonstration by Brian Schlomann
4:30 p.m. Raffle
5:00 p.m. Eat more (if anything left), Drink more, Talk more – Seminars/Questions & Answers/Suggestions/Conversation on the ACC
OTHER ACTIVITIES: NEW FOR 2017 Chessie fun day T-shirts will be available for purchase before the event and picked up the day of the event. Introduction to AKC Spaniel Hunt Tests. If there is an activity you would like to coordinate for next year’s fun day please let me know. Deadline for registration and t-shirt sales is March 29, 2017.
Ducks: Ducks (live flyers) will be available for training today. The cost of one duck will be $13.00. Ducks must be paid for ahead of time, limit of one duck per dog. You may take your duck home for continued training.
Raffle: There will be a raffle. Tickets will be on sale all day with a drawing at 4:30 p.m. Please bring a dog related item for the raffle (remember, this raffle helps to pay for next year’s Chesapeake Fun Day activities). Must be present to win.
Lunch: There will be a potluck lunch starting at noon continuing throughout the afternoon. Lunch will include something hot such as chili or soup and sandwiches. Donations to CRROW gladly accepted! Bring Your Own Beverages (water will be provided).
* * *
- Please leave dog(s) in vehicle when registering
- Dog(s) must be on a leash (electronic collar allowed) or in a crate at all times when you’re not working
- There are poop pick-up bags in shed or a rake and shovel. Please clean up after your dog(s) at all times
- Bring your own lawn chairs, lawn blankets, ez-ups and rain gear
- Glacier Valley Campground (2 miles from our house) 920-348-5488
- Super 8 Portage, WI (20 miles from our house) 608-742-8330
- Super 8 Beaver Dam, WI (30 miles from our house) 920-887-8880
- If you have a RV/Camper you are welcome to spend the night at our place if needed
ACC WI CHESSIE DAY T-SHIRTS
Pre Paid – Pre Orders Only
Deadline March 29th 2017 – Checks Payable to JoAnn Stancer
Shirts will be available for pick up on May 6, 2017 at Stancerville